In today’s article, we will discuss deeply a dog breed German Shepherd Husky Mix. We will tell about some of its interesting facts and factors. In this article, we will also briefly discuss its main origin because there are many confusions about its actual history. So let start our today’s topic.
German Shepherd Husky Mix
German Shepherd is a beautiful blend of two pure breeds. These breeds are known as German Shepherd and the other one is known as the Siberian Husky. Due to this amazing and beautiful mixture, this breed is considered best for both worlds.
Their Beloved Parents?
Talking about the parents of the German Shepherd Husky mix, they both have amazing personalities along with some extraordinary physical characteristics.
1. German Shepherd
Here we will discuss some of the important characteristics of one parent breed of German Shepherd Huskies Mix known as German Shepherd.
- Herding Dog: Initially German Shepherd was only used as a herding dog. By Herding dog we mean the dog which is only used to transfer goods and people from one place to another. German Shepherd was used as herding dog till the 19th century.
- Sharp Mind: German Shepherds are considered very intelligent and very quick learners. They are also considered very loyal.
- For Military Purpose: German Shepherds were also used to assist military and police force. In military and police, these dogs assisted humans as their messenger dogs, guard dogs, sentries, the pack carries, and more during the Great War.
- Mixed With Other Dog Breeds: German Shepherd is a pure breed and it is not used as a parent breed of German shepherd Husky mix but also mixed with other dog breeds like:
1. German Shepherd And Rottweiller Mix
2. German Shepherd And Boxer Mix
3. German Shepherd And Poodle Mix
4. German Shepherd And Corgi Mix
5. German Shepherd And Chihuahua Mix
2. Siberian Husky
The origin of the Siberian Husky dog breed is the Siberian Arctic. Its climate is normally very harsh and tough. Because the Siberian husky is one of the parent breeds of German Shepherd Husky Mix, GSD also not doing well in the warm climate.
- As Siberian Huskies are very energetic so they also used for pulling and transferring goods & people.
- Siberian Huskies are very popular in the US and Canada.
- They were recognized by AKC in 1930.
- Siberian huskies have a very charming personality.
- They are very friendly and loyal as well.
Know About Their Temperament
After discussing the parent breeds of German Shepherd mixed with huskies, in the next section, we will talk about the temperament of the German Shepherd Husky Mix. We will also see which characteristics inherit from its parent breeds? So let start exploring the features step by step.
- As Gaurd Dogs: German Shepherd Husky mix is a good choice as guard dogs. They are good as watchdogs, When they see some stranger, they usually start bark. This quality of German Shepherd Husky mix comes from its parent breeds.
- Their Friendly Nature: Husky Mix German Shepherds are very friendly dogs. Once they get attached to anyone they become your good companions.
- Good As Family Dog: German Shepherd Husky mix is very famous and most preferred as a family dog. They are very playful and easy going that’s why they are good as a family dog.
- Very Affectionate: These dogs are really loving and affectionate and will demand to be pet all day long.
Do You Know?
Here we will share some interesting information about German shepherd Husky Mix.
- AKC: Registred As Herding Dog
- ANKC: Working Dog Group
- CKC: Herding Dog Group
- KC (UK): Pastoral Group
- UKC: Herding Dog
Can German Shepherd Husky Mix live with other dogs?
German Shepherd Husky mix can live with other dog breeds conveniently and easily but if they are trained properly. Two German Shepherd Huskies can easily get along with each other.
German shepherd husky mix is a very strong and powerful dog breed. They can easily adjust to humans. They are easy-going pet. In fact, they love to play with children because of their physical strength. German Shepherd Husky Mix likes to do heavy physical exercises. In short, they are ideal as family dogs. To know more deeply about this dog breed join us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.