In today’s article, we will discuss a dog breed, the German Shepherd Husky Mix. We will talk about some of its interesting facts and factors. In this article, we will also briefly discuss its primary origin because there is much confusion about its history. So let’s start our today’s topic.
German Shepherd Husky Mix
German Shepherd is a beautiful blend of two pure breeds.
Their Beloved Parents?
Talking about the parents of the German Shepherd Husky mix, they both have unique personalities along with some extraordinary physical characteristics.
1. German Shepherd
Here we will discuss some of the essential characteristics of one parent breed of German Shepherd Huskies Mix known German Shepherd.
- Herding Dog: Initially, the German Shepherd was only used as a herding dog. Herding dog means a dog that is only used to transfer interests and people from one place to another. German Shepherd was used as herding dog till the 19th century.
- Sharp Mind: German Shepherds are considered very intelligent and very quick learners. They are also considered very loyal.
- For Military Purpose: German Shepherds were also used to assist the military and police force. In the army and the police, these dogs helped humans as their messenger dogs, guard dogs, sentries, pack carriers, and more during the Great War.
- Mixed With Other Dog Breeds: German Shepherd is a pure breed, and it is not used as a parent breed of this breed but also mixed with other dog breeds like:
1. Rottweiller Mix
2. Boxer Mix
3. Poodle Mix
4. Corgi Mix
5. Chihuahua Mix
2. Siberian Husky
The origin of Siberian Husky dog breed is the Siberian Arctic. Its climate usually is very harsh and brutal. Because the Siberian husky is one of the parent breeds of this dog, GSD is also not doing well in the warm climate.
- As Siberian Huskies are very energetic, they are also used for pulling and transferring goods & people.
- They are very popular in the US and Canada.
- AKC recognized them in 1930.
- Siberian Huskies have a very charming personality.
- They are very friendly and loyal as well.
Know About Their Temperament
After discussing the parent breeds of German Shepherds mixed with huskies, in the next section, we will talk about the temperament of the German Shepherd Husky Mix. We will also see which characteristics inherit from its parent breeds. So let’s start exploring the features step by step.
- As Gaurd Dogs: This is a good choice for a guard dog. They are good as watchdogs. When they see some stranger, they usually start to bark. This quality of the German Shepherd Husky mix comes from its parent breeds.
- Their Friendly Nature: Husky Mix German Shepherds are amiable dogs. Once they get connected to anyone, they become your good friends.
- Good As Family Dog: German Shepherd Husky mix is famous and most preferred as a family dog. They are very playful and easygoing. That’s why they are good as family dogs.
- Very Affectionate: These dogs are loving and affectionate and demand to be pet all day long.
Do You Know?
Here we will share some exciting information about the German shepherd Husky Mix.
- AKC: Registred As Herding Dog
- ANKC: Working Dog Group
- CKC: Herding Dog Group
- KC (UK): Pastoral Group
- UKC: Herding Dog
Can German Shepherd Husky Mix live with other dogs?
German Shepherd Husky mix can live with other dog breeds conveniently and quickly if appropriately trained. Two German Shepherd Huskies can easily get along with each other.
it’s is a robust and powerful dog breed. Likes to do heavy physical exercises. In short, they are ideal as family dogs. Join us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to learn more about this dog breed.