Homemade Dog Food Options – German Shepherd Husky Mix
Homemade dog food is very useful and beneficial from a health point of view for all dogs like German Shepherd husky mix, Pitbull, and many others. Dog nutrition and nourishment can be tricky, especially when you are cooking for your dogs. While thinking about the homemade dog food we also have to think about which human foods are safe for dogs? How can you ensure your homemade food will meet your dog’s diet needs?
Here we will answer the questions that come into our minds regarding the homemade dog food, especially for German Shepherd Husky Mix.
1. Should We Prefer Homemade Dog Food?
Is homemade dog food really better for all dog breeds like German Shepherd Husky mix?
So many owners think that homemade food is superior to commercial products.
Dog owners must be aware of the side effects of readymade dog foods. This is often driven by the quality of ingredients. Put that way, feeding your dogs a variety of whole foods makes a lot of sense. In fact, there is a multitude of reasons why you might want to prepare homemade foods for your dog, according to pets nutritionists.
These include gaining control over your dog’s diet, appeasing picky eaters, combatting food intolerance issues, concern over food recalls, or simply for the bond-building joy of preparing a home-cooked meal for your dog.
2. What Kind Of Mistakes Occurred While Preparing Dog Foods at home?
When we prepare dog food at home, we are not completely sure about the proportion of proteins and food ingredients that they need through their food. It might be possible we also add some allergic ingredients in their food. So in this section, we will discuss the common mistakes that normally occurred in preparing homemade dog food.
- When you prepare the homemade dog food and you are not using the trusted and authenticated ingredients, this can be harmful to your dog. So you must avoid these things while preparing homemade dog food.
- When you are preparing food for your dog at home, it might be possible that your dog food is not a fully balanced diet. As your dog needs a balanced diet so make sure your prepared food for a dog is fully balanced by adding required ingredients with the proper quantity.
- It might be possible that you are using unsafe and unhealthy ingredients in homemade dog food. There is a wide variety of unhealthy and unsafe foods to avoid when preparing meals for your dog. There might be some ingredients that can be potentially toxic. These ingredients are chocolate, xylitol, avocado, grapes, raisins, onions, garlic, and macadamia nuts. The above list is not exhaustive and other potential issues can arise if you’re not careful about ingredients. So make sure to always be aware of which foods are safe for dogs.
- Ideally, when we are making the homemade dog food we do not consider the dietary changes of our dogs like German Shepherd Husky Mix. When the dogs are small puppy they need less portion of food but highly energetic food. When they become adult their dietary needs also change. They need a large portion of food.
3. Do We Have Any Alternative Options Of Homemade Dog Food?
Cooking homemade dog can be very difficult and risky. So in this section, we will talk about the best alternatives for homemade dog food. Yes, we have a huge range of ready-made dog foods available in the market.
These alternate options are as listed follows.
- Natural Ultramix Grain-Free Dog Food
- Northwest Naturals Freeze-Dried Raw Dog Food
- ORIJEN Dry Dog Food
- Open Farm Freeze-Dried Raw Grain-Free Dog Food
4. Which Options Are The Best As Homemade Dog Food?
In this section, we will discuss the best options and ingredients for homemade dog food.
1. Raw meat and bones
3. Muscle Meat
1. Raw Meat And Bones
Raw meat and bones are some of the best options for homemade dog food. Raw meaty bones refer to a specific type of animal bone that is for eating but not just for chewing. RMBs are fed to dogs in unprocessed form. They are big enough not to be swallowed whole. Raw meaty bones are the main source of calcium for dogs.
Organ meats like liver, kidney, hearts, and necks are required for home-fed dogs as well. For raw-fed dogs, organs should make up about 10% of their overall diet, which may be a challenge for some dog guardians. Offal meats contain all the rich vitamins and minerals that make your dog glow, but since they aren’t widely eaten.
Which vegetables you must add in your dog’s diet? There are plenty of vegetables that are good for dogs.
3. Muscle Meat
Chicken, lamb, beef, pork, venison, rabbit are the meats you see on commercial pet food labels, and the type of meat humans mostly eat. Fish also falls under this food category: common fish meats to feed dogs include jack mackerel and salmon. Unlike people, there is no limit to the amount of protein a dog should eat; dogs can survive entirely on animal meat if necessary. It does not matter if dogs eat raw meat, either – though there have been cases of dogs getting sick from salmonella or E. coli, this is rare and generally comes down to a preexisting immune deficiency.
With the discussion of the best options of homemade dog food, we are now winding up our today’s topic. From today’s discussion, we came up with the final thought that homemade dog food can be very economical and healthy but it needs little bit cautions from your side. When you are preparing the food for your dog, you must avoid the above-mentioned mistakes. For more updates, you can join us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.