Choosing a dog collar is an important decision that you must make as a dog owner. A dog collar has many practical uses, as well as bonuses for your dog’s training and overall safety. One of the first things people purchase when they adopt a new dog is dog collars because they feel it’s important. The truth is, they are very necessary because any number of unfortunate circumstances can happen without one. With so many options to choose from, how do you make an informed decision about which one is best? The following information will answer this question and help you understand the benefits of leather dog collars over other products.
Leather Dog Collars Benefits
1. Essential for leash and obedience training as well as improved safety of the dog when it is required to tie them outside.
2. To adventurous dogs who enjoy the water lightweight and waterproof, and for dogs who don’t like being the tugboat, dog collars provide the kids with a handle to take a run.
3. Easier to grip and less slippery that helps in both winter and summer.
4. More flexible than its predecessors and more comfortable for a person holding a leash.
5. More strong than most other products, except the heavy-duty chain
Why People Prefer Handmade Leather Dog Collars Versus Other Materials?
There are many people who prefer handmade leather dog collars as opposed to other materials such as nylon webbing, plastic, cloth, and chain because leather is an all-natural material. By contrast, leather is less intrusive and lighter than other materials.
Consumers often prefer leather to other fabrics, due to their versatility. Leather dog collars with personalized embossing, jingle bells, metal studs, and spikes are available in several colors and styles. Spikes on a dog can be adorable as long as they aren’t big or pointy. You do not want to injure your dog so it’s the safest option to have short and blunt spikes.
Maintenance and Care
Depending on the type of leather dog collar you purchase, you should take special care and maintenance, particularly if you want it to last long. You can either buy unfinished or completed leather dog collar. Telling them apart is simple, unfinished leather is dull in look and finished leather dog collars are brilliant or shiny.
Unfinished Leather Cleaning
- Do not use water to clean.
- Using saddle wash, and work with a warm, soft cloth into the leather.
- Rub leather wax onto the collar once it’s dry and clean.
Finished Leather Cleaning
- To clean off dirt and mud, use a clean cloth with soft dish soap.
- Clean all the oil and soap with a clean, wet cloth.
- Polish it again with a dry, soft cloth.
- Apply conditioner for additional protection. Then buff up until shiny again.
Obviously, the best dog collars are the ones that work best for you and your pet, so before shopping, think about your particular needs. If you don’t have any plans in advance, you’ll be most likely frustrated and confused with so many dog collar options. If you have any queries about this you can contact us on Facebook. For more updates regarding this topic follow us on Twitter and Pinterest.