Every living thing in this world like humans and as well as animals, Pets (German Shepherd Husky Mix)and birds faces some health issues. These health issues may have some causes but all of us can overcome these issues if we cure them properly and on time. In this article, we will deeply discuss the causes of the dry and itchy skin of the German Shepherd mixed with a husky. Later on, we will tell the ways and treatments through which you can overcome skin diseases. So let start our today’s discussion.
A Quick Review Of German Shepherd Husky Mix
German Shepherd Husky Mix is normally known as German Shedders. They have thick coats and also tend to shed a lot. Husky mix german shepherds have normally double coats. The outer layer of its coat is thick and straight and the inner layer is soft and fluffy.
Due to its thick outer layer, its skin remains dry which may lead to itchy skin. Itching your skin is a normal action but too much itching may be an alarm for a skin disease. Therefore we have to find the major causes of dry and itchy skin in German Shepherd Husky Mix.
Causes Itchy Skin In German Shepherd Husky Mix
There are different causes of itchy and dry skin in German Shepherd Mixed with Husky. Your German Shepherd Husky Mix may scratch your skin too much if he is eating some allergic food or sometimes it may be some other reasons. In the next step, we will discuss these causes briefly.
1. Allergies: Your German Shepherd Husky Mix may have an itchy skin if he is allergic to different things. His skin got hurt from carpet, hard surface or any cloth detergent. This injury may turn into severe skin allergy.
2. Flea Infestation: Flea Infestation may lead to the excessive hair loss of your German Shepherd Husky Mix. In this skin disease, these parasites may lead your German Shepherd Husky towards an ending skin disease. An untreated flea infestation may lead to a skin infection.
3. Excessive Bathing: Excessive bathing may also cause severe skin disease. Due to excess bathing, your german shepherd husky mix’s skin becomes dry and itchy. So excess bathing might be one of the major causes of dry and itchy skin.
4. Excessive Growth Of Yeast: As all of us know that the German Shepherd Husky mix has thick and double coats so hot humid weather is not good for his skin. His long and thick double coats demand extra care of you. Otherwise, yeast may grow and turn into a yeast infection.
5. Weather Changes: Weather changes may effet your dog skin and make your make German Shepherd Husky mix an itchy dog. Too much hot weather may lead to yeast infection and too much cold & freezy weather may lead to dry skin but dry skin is very common in the winter season.
6. Hormonal Problems: German Shepherd Husky mix may face too much hair shedding problem or too much itchy skin due to hormonal disorders. Pituitary Dwarfism is a growth disorder due to long hairs which may turn into too much hair shedding problem and eventually shed off resulting in baldness.
7. Food & Diet: Improper food and diet may lead to any type of skin allergies in your German Shepherd Husky mix.
Treatments Of Itchy Skin
Earlier we have discussed the causes of itchy skin in German Shepherd mixed with the husky. Now we will elaborate on some treatments that will help your dog to deal with this disease.
1. Change The Diet: If your german shepherd mixed with husky faces some itchy skin issues or some other skin diseases, change the diet schedule of your dog. Some dog foods or homemade foods do not suit your dog. Add healthy ingredients to your dog food.
2. Add Omega-3 In Dog Food: Proper quantity of vitamins and minerals is essential to keep your dog healthy and also helps to keep your dog’s coat and skin shiny. Omega-3 is also very important for your German Shepherd Husky mix skin and coats. This ingredient will help you to strengthen the immune system of your German Shepherd Husky Mix.
3. Increases The Usage Of Coconut Oil: Apply coconut oil to your German Shepherd mixed with dog skin. It will help to keep its immune system strong and also normalized thyroid function. When it applies topically it will smooth the skin and also increase the moisturizing level.
4. Grooming: Bathing is very important to keep your German Shepherd Husky mix healthy and physically fit. Sometimes excessive bathing leads to dry skin. Use de-shedding gloves will reduce hair shedding problem.
5. Use Medicated Shampoos And Creams: If your german shepherd mixed with the huskies face excessive hair shedding and dry skin issues, ask the vet and use medicated shampoos and creams. These medications will reduce skin problems.
How Can We Prevent Our German Shepherd Husky Mix From Dry And Itchy Skin?
In this part, we will discuss the preventions of itchy and dry skin of your German Shepherd Husky Mix.
1. Do not give your GSD low-quality food.
2. Keep your German Shepherd Huski Mix surroundings clean and hygienic.
3. Use natural oils to your skin.
4. Visit to the vets for consultation.
5. Do not give food to your GSD which may have any side effects.
With the discussion of precautionary measures that you must follow for your German Shepherd Husky Mix dog to prevent itchy and dry skin. If you have any queries regarding these skin issues or any other health issues, you can contact us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.